Friday 7 September 2012

Island Dreams


This is a poem written by a student during their summer break which captures feelings many of us have felt during this summer of sporting endevour  and achievement.

I dream of lush green valleys,
Of a patchwork of quilted land,
I dream of Kings and Queens
And of a booming brass band

I dream of scoffing fish and chips,
When gazing out to sea,
I dream of gorging on scones and jam,
Washed down with a cup of tea.

I dream of queuing endlessly,
To enter a stately home,
I dream of immense castles, magnificent and proud,
Of valiant knights protected while I roam.

I dream of fine Olympians,
Sweating blood and lots of tears,
I dream of one Community,
And our pride for years and years.

I dream of a glorious heritage,
With an amazing sense of pride,
I dream of the Union Jack,
Billowing mightily over the countryside.

I dream of this spectacular Island,
Of all that has gone before,
I dream of my Great Britain,
Why would anyone ask for more?

By Nicole 7a1


No comments:

Post a Comment