Tuesday 8 January 2013

New Year, New You ?

Two poems of the week for you to start the New Year with !


New Year Resolutions

Here comes the New Year
And it's time to make resolutions
For I promise to be sincere
And bring in me a revolution

In class I'll talk less
In studies I'll surely progress
All my lies I'll confess
I'll go play with egress

To my friends I'll be kind
Have my character refined
To a helper of mankind
With a sound mind

I'll follow my teachers advice
regularly I'll exercise
My mother I'll idolize
Beyond doubt I'll civilize

These are my resolutions
To bring in me an evolution
To follow them I'll try my best
Until then I'll not rest.

Aditya Chattapadhyay

And........



Last year I did some rotten things.
This year I will be better.
Here are some resolutions
I will follow to the letter:

I won’t make dumb excuses
when my homework isn’t done;
when the truth is that I did no work
’cause I was having fun.

I won’t fly paper airplanes
when the teacher isn’t looking.
I won’t sneak in the kitchen
just to taste what they are cooking.
I will not twist the silverware
to see how far it bends.
I will not take the candy bars
from lunch bags of my friends.


I will not skateboard down the hall
or skateboard down the stairs.
I won't run over teachers,
and I won’t crash into chairs.

I will not do these rotten things;
my heart is full of sorrow.
But I have got some brand-new tricks
to try in school tomorrow.

Bruce Lansky

No comments:

Post a Comment