Monday 25 March 2013

To Kill a Mocking Bird

Mr Poulton says:-


"Without doubt , my favourite book through childhood, and into adult life, is To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee. It was also a GCSE text book, and even friends who weren't really into books really got into it. The story, told through the eyes of a child (Scout), gripped me with every page. I could relate to so many of the stories told, and the images that the language used conveyed are still with me now.

However, it was the underlying messages that really held my attention - prejudice, family, the trials related to growing up, inequality and human compassion. It is an exciting book, as sad book a joyful book. The best film vesrion of the book, in my opinion, almost did it justice, with Gregory Peck doing a fine job portraying Scouts father, Atticus Finch.

I would urge anyone to read this book, and I would challenge them to be able to put it down"

No comments:

Post a Comment