Wednesday 16 October 2013

Malevolent Prominence

Beneath the surface I am angry,
Godless, prominent,
I cover this world, I cover it
and smother it
I am beautiful, enticing,
I can make you numb, but I can
break you,
Dash you against black rocks, because
In a veiled darkness, I am frustrated,
Blue,
 
Completely cold, I’ll pull you in,
Lull you
to security,
Silent killer, waves building
beneath the surface,
Because I am furious,
Ebbing in the
undercurrents,
I am harmless,
Majestic, masterful,
 
I ripple and flow,
Bathe you in calm, in blue,
in green,
Floating on a breeze, they say
I am malevolent,
I just want to
pull you in, I can love you,
I could soothe your every ache, but I
will make you hurt,
Distort your every turn,
 
And if you step in, you should never
deign to forget what you
have been told,
That under the surface, it is only cold.
 
Cara Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment